- Staring at things saying ‘for fuck sake’ won’t get them packed.
- After a while you can recognise the different brands of packing tape by taste.
- Describing to others – the things you love ‘come with you’, as opposed to things you have no attachment to, which you ‘pack.’
- Ten neighbours know I’m moving; I told only one.
- A place you have loved holds you, even as you move away.
- Possessions and personal identity; Yin and Yang.
- Fingers remember now to move more carefully over sharp cardboard edges.
- I see the dovetail joints of antique drawers still holding strong; these will outlive me.
- When the cherry blossoms return, this will have passed.
- A friend offered to give up a day of work to help me move; to have friends like this is to be rich.
‘The old house
A leaf blows by